Indie-rock duo Whitney to headline spring Bandersnatch concert

Courtesty of University Union

Max Kakacek and Julien Ehrlich make up the indie-rock duo Whitney, which will headline this semester's Bandersnatch concert on March 28.

Indie-rock acoustic duo Whitney will perform at Syracuse University later this month, University Union announced Thursday. They will be joined at the show by pop duo SALES and student performer Charlie Burg.

The show, University Union’s Bandersnatch concert of the semester, will take place March 28 at 7:50 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium at Schine Student Center.

Whitney consists of guitarist Max Kakacek and singing drummer Julien Ehrlich and was formed in Chicago, according to a University Union press release. The group later recorded their debut “Light Upon the Lake,” in California’s San Fernando Valley using analog recording methods, which allowed them to focus on the music itself themselves and create unforgettable moments, per the release.

“Tape forces you to get a take down,” Kakacek said in the release. “Whatever we put down is all we had.”

SALES was formed by Lauren Morgan and Jordan Shih, who met in a high school Latin class. They released their debut EP in 2014 and were named “Ones to Watch” by Hype Machine + BBC 6, per the release.

505-715-walnut-re-targeting-web-ads-rate-739-320x50

SALES has headlined tours in the U.S., Canada and Europe and they self-release their work, which they record, mix and master in a bedroom studio in Orlando.

Burg, a junior music industry major at SU, hails from the suburbs of Detroit. He is preparing for the release of his second of three EPs in April. His musical influence comes from a variety of sounds, including classic Detroit Motown Soul, Weezer, The Strokes and Coldplay as he creates a fresh take on R&B and pop, per the release.

Tickets for the event go on sale online at noon on Friday at $10 for faculty, staff and the general public with a limit of two tickets per person. Tickets will be on sale at Schine Student Center Box Office starting on Monday at 9 a.m. at $5 for students with a valid SU/SUNY-ESF ID and $10 for faculty, staff and the general public. You must be at least 18 years old to attend the show.